EAL Level 3 NVQ Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (QCF) 501/1843/2
This course is suitable for those whose duties involve training and assessment in the workplace. It demonstrates your ability to assess a candidate to the standards set by the appropriate awarding body or company standards. It is specifically designed for those who are required to assess the competence of individuals within a competency based system using a wide range of assessment methods. These could include observation, work products, oral and written questioning, professional discussion, written personal statements and witness testimony that require authentication by the assessor.
The Award will develop knowledge and skills in preparing for, planning and carrying out assessments of individuals in the workplace.
Who should attend this course?
The Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment is one of the qualifications required by workplace assessors who assess SVQs, other workplace qualifications or in-company standards.
There are no minimum educational entry requirements. Candidates however, must have access to a minimum of two people who are working towards their qualifications in the workplace in order to satisfy the award criteria.
54 Guided learning hours
How will I be assessed?
Candidates will compile a portfolio of evidence of competence, based on the work practice and knowledge requirements of the award. Candidates will also have to be observed carrying out part of the assessment process by a PEDL assessor and taking part in standardisation meetings with other assessors in their workplace.
- Assessor of S/NVQs and in-house competence standards
- Internal Verifier of S/NVQs and in-house competence standards
How to apply
To apply for this course please contact:
Peterhead Engineers Development Limited
Wellbank Business Park
Tel: +44 (0) 1779 472028
You may be able to get up to £200 towards the cost of the course with an Individual Learning Account (ILA) from Skills Development Scotland (SDS).
Who can assess qualifications?
All those who assess qualifications must:
- have up-to-date working knowledge and experience of best practice in Learning and Development
- be occupationally competent in the units they are assessing
- hold one of the following qualifications or their recognised equivalent:
- the Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment or
- the Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement, or
- A1 Assess candidate performance using a range of methods, or
- D32 Assess candidate performance and D33 Assess candidates using differing sources of evidence; and
- show current evidence of continuing professional development in assessment and learning and development.